Optional excursion to Pisa (extra cost)
Free time in Florence (night)
Optional excursion to Pisa
Travel to Pisa, home of the legendary Leaning Tower, and snap some photos of the 12th-century architectural misfit. The tower has been aslant ever since the third floor was built, and legend says Galileo dropped weights from its top to test his theories of gravity. Also visit the Baptistery, known for its interesting acoustics, and Pisa Cathedral.
Free time in Florence (night) Top 5 nightlife suggestions:1. Santa Croce area
– Hit some of the popular pubs in this central area, especially on Via dei Benci.2. Moyo
– This trendy bar attracts a mixed crowd of students and artsy Florentines; lounge out in the back or sit at the outdoor tables.3. Meccano
– Head here to get moving on the two dance floors, or hang out in the big outdoor garden.4. All'Antico Vinaio
– This has been one of Florence's most popular wine bars for the last hundred years.5. Tenax
– For a concert, check out the leading venue for new, established, and big-name international acts; enormous but easy-going, it becomes a club after hours.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide