Free time in Hong Kong (day) Top 5 free time suggestions: 1. Ocean Park
– This large amusement park has roller coasters, rides, and a marine park with dolphins and killer whales.2. Shopping
– Shopping is practically a national pastime here; Tsim Sha Tsui is a very popular area to browse and buy.3. Hong Kong Science Museum
– Check out more than 500 exhibits on all things science, many of them good hands-on fun.4. Kowloon Walled City Park
– Relax among the ponds, turtles, goldfish and beautiful flora.5. Hong Kong Museum of Art
– See some classical Chinese art, including paintings and calligraphy.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide
for Hong Kong.Optional visit to Lantau Island
Take a full-day trip to Lantau Island, the biggest and most popular of Hong Kong’s many nearby islands. Lantau is a land of dramatic mountainous peaks, pristine beaches, and Hong Kong Disneyland. You’ll visit the Po Lin Monastery, originally constructed by three Buddhists in 1924. Climb nearly 268 steps for a close look at the world’s tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha. This big guy is 75 feet tall and weighs more than 200 tons. Also walk to the lesser-known Wisdom Path, where the Heart Sutra Wood Inscription is carved into a series of tree trunks. Farewell dinner
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.