Free time in Florence Top 5 nightlife suggestions:1. Santa Croce area
– Hit some of the popular pubs in this central area, especially on Via dei Benci.2. Moyo
– This trendy bar attracts a mixed crowd of students and artsy Florentines; lounge out in the back or sit at the outdoor tables.3. Meccano
– Head here to get moving on the two dance floors, or hang out in the big outdoor garden.4. All'Antico Vinaio
– This has been one of Florence's most popular wine bars for the last hundred years.5. Tenax
– For a concert, check out the leading venue for new, established, and big-name international acts; enormous but easy-going, it becomes a club after hours.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide
for Florence.Optional trip to the Italian Riviera & Cinque Terre (extra cost)
Spend a full day exploring the Italian Riviera's gem - the tiny seaside villages of Cinque Terre. Ride up the Italian coast and catch a train to the village of Riomaggiore, where you'll take a quick tour and continue on the famous Via dell'Amore (path of love) toward the next village. Take a quick train ride to the village of Vernazza, where you'll have time to explore, shop, swim in the cove, or just relax. Then move on to Monterosso, a village known for its long sandy beach and crystal blue water. You'll have time to grab lunch and enjoy the beach before making your way back to Florence.