Sightseeing tour of Tokyo (local guide)
Explore Japan’s largest city with a local guide. Stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza, and visit the Meiji Shinto Shrine, with its elaborate wooded Inner Garden. Then pass through trendy Harajaku, a district popular with young Tokyoites, and continue through the Shopping District.Free time in Tokyo (day)Top 5 free time suggestions:1. Tokyo National Museum
– See a huge collection of Japanese art and antiques in the largest and oldest museum in the country.2. Shopping in Shibuya
– Find the latest trendy and inexpensive fashions.3. Ueno Park
– This large park, very popular with Japanese families on a day out, has museums, shrines, a zoo, and much more. 4. NHK Broadcast Museum
– Check out this unique museum, featuring high-def broadcast systems, earlier broadcast equipment, and an experience studio.5. Sensoji Temple
– Visit the city's oldest and most popular temple, which, according to legend, was built to honor the Buddhist goddess of mercy and happiness.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide