Return to Rome
Drive back to the Italian capital. Though Rome’s heyday was a couple thousand years ago, the city today is as alive and action-packed as any European capital. Experience the coffee bars, the amazing food, and the incredible ancient sights.
Sightseeing tour of Rome (local guide)
Go way back into the past with a local guide. Rome was the center of the Western world back in the day, and you can really feel the history as you go through the city and see the ruins of that ancient civilization.Roman Colosseum
Your tour includes a visit to the massive Colosseum, built back in 70 A.D. The huge amphitheater held up to 50,000 people, who would gather to watch anything from bloody gladiator contests to mock sea battles.Forum Romanum
The Roman Forum was the commercial, political, and religious center of Ancient Rome. Today it’s a grassy field scattered with ancient columns and other ruins. With a little imagination, you’re walking with the Romans 2,000 years ago.Free time in Rome (night)Top 5 nightlife suggestions:1. Campo de’ Fiori
– Lots of young people gather early inside and outside the bars in this area, making it a good starting point.2. San Lorenzo area
– Popular with students, this area is known for its reggae scene and many clubs.3. Big Mama
– Blues lovers head to this music club in Trastavere.4. Testaccio
– There is plenty of action on this circular street lined with bars and nightclubs.5. Opera
– For a real cultural experience, go see an opera in the country where opera was born.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide