Arrive in Munich
Welcome to Munich! This is the capital of Germany’s Bavaria region, and it still has strong ties to its folkloric traditions (you’ll definitely see some lederhosen). There’s also plenty of modernity, including a great music scene, cool art museums, and BMW’s world headquarters. After clearing customs, you’ll meet your full-time tour director and the rest of your group.Walking tour of Munich
Your tour director will show you around Munich. Pass the iconic Frauenkirche, with its onion-domed twin towers, and arrive at the Marienplatz, the central town square that always draws crowds. Then continue past the Hofbräuhaus, Munich's most famous beer hall (among many).
Free time in Munich (night) Top 5 nightlife suggestions:1. Zappeforster
– Famous for its creamy cappuccino, ice teas and home-made waffles.2. Nachtcafe
– Hear live bands or DJs almost every night; free to enter and open all night.3. Nationaltheater
– See an opera, ballet or classical music concert at the city's most prestigious theater.4. Leopoldstrasse
– This street in the Schwabing district is lined with bars, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and pubs.5. Atomic Café
– Dance to ’70s music all night.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide